Visa Services – Immigration Services
We use our expertise to ensure you get the best advice for any type of Indian Visa application or FRRO registration (which is compulsory). Please feel free to get in touch for advice or assistance, below are some guidelines for different types of Indian Visa’s
- A Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application.
- Ensure you have the right information prior to applying for or an Indian Visa. This is beneficial because it saves you time and money. A lot of conflicting information exists and even official websites can be confusing or give incomplete or contradictory information.
- In most countries the Visa process is completed via an Agency on behalf of the Indian Embassy such as VFS – Visa Facilitation Services, or BSL also now the application is online.
- Please note that Visa’s cannot be converted in India from one type to another; this has to be completed in the country of origin along with relevant paperwork submitted for the Visa type being applied for
- The time it takes to receive a visa following application varies from country to country usually a tourist visa can be obtained in one or two weeks whereas an employment visa can take longer. Also it is worth noting that if your country of residence is different from your country of nationality and application is made in country of residence. Then in this case application for a Visa can take much longer than the average time it may take in a particular country.
FRRO: Foreigners Regional Registration Office
Employment Visa registration is a mandatory requirement within 14 days of arrival in the country. Any person possessing an Indian employment visa of 1 year’s duration or more and other Visas where the stay is extending beyond 180 days maybe obliged to register.
For a Mumbai Relocation, get in touch and we will provide you with a list of the required documents to execute this process.
Types of Visa’s
Here is a list of different types of Visa required for entry to India. Please be aware that types of Visas’ for India conditions for obtaining them do change from time to time with very little notice.
- Employment Visa – This visa allows you to travel to India to work for an Indian company.
- Entry Visa – This visa allows you to travel to India for a longer period. This Visa given to dependent family when the Mother/Father has an employment Visa. This Vise does not allow you to work, earn a salary or do Business.
- Business Visa – This visa will allow you to engage in business in the country
- Student Visa – This visa allows you to travel to India to study at a university or technological institute, take part in an academic exchange programme, do an internship in a company, follow a course in a language school, dance school or music school.
- Tourist Visa – This visa will allow you to travel to India for holidays, visit monuments, meet friends, attend a wedding
- Research Visa – This visa allows research professors or scholars to conduct research work in India.
- Journalist Visa – This visa allows people working in specific fields of activity to travel to India on a professional basis or to travel to India for personal or tourist purposes
- Medical Visa – Persons coming to India for medical treatment for serious illness are issued with this visa.
- Return/Exit Visa – A Return Visa allows you to leave India and come back again. They are normally issued when you have applied for an Employment Visa Extension but haven’t received the necessary paperwork back from authorities.
- Conference Visa – This visa allows you to travel to India to attend a conference (mathematics conference, medical conference)
- Transit Visa – This visa allows you to travel to India for a very short period in which you can change flights at an airport. You are also able to leave the transit zone of the airport.
- Project Visa – This Visa allows Foreign Nationals to come to India for Execution of Project in Power & Steel Sector
Tourist Visa on Arrival is available for Passport holders from the following countries
- Valid for 30 Days
- Application must be made online minimum 4 days prior to arrival
- Visa will be single entry
Tourist Visa on Arrival is
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Solomon Islands
*this list is not exhaustive and additional countries are included from time to time, please check with us for the latest information.
For a Mumbai Relocation, get in touch if you require a list of the documentation required for visa registration in Mumbai. We can also accompany you to the FRRO office and ensure the process runs smoothly.
We can certainly assist you with any questions or queries you have just call us and ask for Preet Brannigan or email
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org