Cross Cultural Training
“We don’t see things as they are…we see things as we are” – Anais Nin
Coming to India to live, work or do business can be frustrating and confusing. You may have experienced this if you have previously worked in a different country or with colleagues from other countries. For example they have a different way of working, body language can be confusing. Priorities in the work place may not be clear or suddenly change for no apparent reason.
The training program covers both cultural and business cross cultural training.
The purpose of the program is the assist individuals to better understand Indian culture and ways of doing business, which they may not be familiar with.
- Adapting to and understanding a new culture
- Key cultural concepts
- Country values
- Culture shock
- Everyday living
- Intercultural communications
Benefits of Cross Cultural Training
- Effective communication avoiding mis-understanding which can be costly, time consuming and upsetting
- Fast track understanding of culture leading to increased productivity.
- Understanding the culture around helps you to adapt quickly making the transition far easier
- Improving efficiency through good communication with colleagues
- Competitive advantage – understanding meeting format, greeting, appreciating seniority, meeting etiquette, communication styles and negotiation tactics
- Increased ability to complete work goals effectively in a new culture
- Greater understanding of the logic and customs of India
- Reduced culture shock – better understanding leads to more acceptance of India
- Increased awareness of our own cultural values and how they may be perceived by India